- Continue tape recording interviews past-presidents, and when possible, obtain a copy of their CV or resume.
- Orient interested members to the process of tape recording oral history interviews of past-presidents.
- Search for someone to transcribe audio taped oral history interviews.
- Continue to urge Officers and Committee Chairs to submit their papers to fill the gaps in the ACHNE Archival Collection.
- Restore the ongoing annual or semi-annual transfer of ACHNE documents to the Archival Collection by the current management organization, or by the Archives Committee collecting all documents at each Annual Meeting.
- Provide periodic contributions to the ACHNE Newsletter. With the Archivist at the Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania, develop a collections plan for the ACHNE archives.
- Explore the possibility of a Diversity Award . Develop the criteria for a Diversity Award . Present a proposal for a Diversity Award to the ACHNE Board for consideration and action.
- Explore the possibility of an Innovative CHN Teaching Award . Develop the criteria for an Innovative Teaching Award . Present a proposal for an Innovative Teaching award to the ACHNE Board for consideration and action.
- Explore additional awards including: member and grad student awards for the poster presentations; and a program to honor a PHN/CHN leader. . Develop criteria for the above awards if they are considered feasible. . Present a proposal, if they are developed, for the above awards to the ACHNE Board for consideration and action.
- Have suggestions and criteria recommendations to the Awards Committee Chair by August 1, 2009.
- Have proposals for new awards to the ACHNE Board for consideration during September 2009. 6. Place the call for nominations for awards during October 2009.
Board of Directors
- Revision of bylaws in new format.
- Review the New Member Packet and Operations Manual regarding the Communications Committee for update.
- Participate in reviewing the ACHNE website.
- Develop a discussion board on the website for members.
- Collaborate with Education Committee to have a 'Tips for Innovative Teaching' on the website.
- Develop a web-based alternative to the newsletter.
- Develop a process for membership to submit information for the website.
- Collaborate with Membership Committee for ideas for MALs to submit recruitment information to website.
- Promote cultural diversity in ACHNE and among C/PHN faculty and workforce.
- Support the scholarship of teaching/learning in C/PHN Education.
- Strengthen C/PHN partnerships in research, education, clinical practice, and service.
- Provide leadership in policy and advocacy activities related to C/PHN education, practice, research, and service.
- Continue to strengthen ACHNE's financial status.
- Prepare the 2010 budget and present it for membership approval at the November meeting.
- Work with the program committee in planning resources needed for the 2010 Annual Institute and joint meeting with APHN.
- Work with the research committee to consider offering a small research grant to support PHN research.
- Increase membership.
- Increase representation from graduate programs that offer CH/PH major.
- Increase representation from BSN programs.
- Increase international membership.
- Increase communication with members through the newsletter and the liaisons.
- Develop a slate of candidates for the annual election.
- Work with RC to conduct elections: present results to Executive Board; notify candidates and membership of results.
- Implement the policies and procedures for nominations and elections as established by the Board of Directors.
- Plan & conduct annual meeting.
- Solicit and peer review abstracts.
- Plan local arrangements.
- Apply for CEU's.
- Develop sites for future AIs.
- Request and review proposals for the ACHNE Small Research Grant.
- Request, review, select, and recommend funding of proposals for the ACHNE Small Research Grant.
- Continue to develop a directory of Community Public Health nursing researchers.