Annual Institute 2016
2016 ACHNE/APHN Joint Meeting
Public Health Nursing: Key to Our Nation’s Health
June 2-4, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
|Exhibitors & Sponsors||Abstracts||Registration Form||Onsite Program||Presentations|
- Demonstrate integration of ACA into PHN practice and educational preparation of public health nurses.
- Illustrate strategies to increase cost-effective PHN practice.
- Examine educational and professional development opportunities to advance the field of public health nursing.
- Analyze innovative ways to promote public health nursing research.
- Identify Social Justice opportunities to support the advances of equity and cultural humility.
- Explore strategies for leadership development of public health nurses.
Advancing Health Equity: Key To Our Nation's Health
Jeanne Ayers, BSN, MPH
Commissioner of Health, Minnesota Department of Health
The emphasis of this session is on identifying core practices necessary to assure the conditions in which all people can be healthy. Participants will develop an expanded understanding of health, will recognize the roots of health disparities including structural inequities and structural racism and will identify elements of an emerging health equity practice. They will be introduced to the Triple Aim of Health Equity, a framework for action grounded in an understanding of systems change and designed to generate action on the factors that create health.
- Develop a broader understanding of what creates health and health disparities including structural inequities and structural racism.
- Identify the core elements of the Triple Aim of Health Equity, a framework for an emerging practice to advance health equity and decrease health disparities.