Annual Institute 2015
2015 ACHNE Annual Institute
New PHN Frontiers: Informatics and Beyond
June 4-6, 2015 in Denver, Colorado
Marriott Denver City Center
|Exhibitors & Sponsors||Abstracts||Registration Form||Onsite Program||Presentations|
- Examine the role of information in PHN today and in the future.
- Integrate innovative teaching strategies to prepare students for culturally congruent PHN practice in utilizing informatics and technology.
- Develop teaching strategies which target culturally congruent PHN practice utilizing informatics.
- Analyze current and evolving informatics and technology research for PHN education and practice.
- Examine evidence-based informatics strategies in education, practice, and research.
- Design the multimodal virtual classroom of the future.
Role of informatics: A Local Health Department View
Arthur Davidson, MD, MSPH
Associate Professor, Colorado School of Public Health
Using several informatics initiatives, anticipated governance, technical and cultural issues are reviewed, with an emphasis on electronic health record monitoring.
- Describe several regional and national public health informatics initiatives.
- Describe the cultural context for implementing and using public health informatics.
- Describe an emerging community health assessment tool using electronic health records.