Annual Institute 2013
2013 ACHNE & APHN Joint Meeting
Evidence-based Population Nursing: General and Advanced Practice
June 6-8, 2013 in Cary, North Carolina
Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
|Exhibitors & Sponsors||Abstracts||Registration Form||Onsite Program||Presentations|
- Describe teaching and learning strategies that promote physical, social and global health in clinical, classroom, and online courses.
- Describe innovative teaching strategies to prepare students for culturally congruent practice in local and global environments.
- Discuss undergraduate and graduate curricula innovations designed to prepare students to promote healthy practice environments.
- Examine the relationship between environmental health and C/PHN education, practice, and research.
- Examine nursing research on healthy environments for evidenced-based C/PHN education and practice.
Giving the Public Its Due: Improving Outcomes with Evidence-based Public Health Nursing Practice
Shawn Kneipp, PhD, ARNP
Associate Professor at University of North Carolina School of Nursing Chapel Hill and selected for the fourth class of the Faculty Engaged Scholars (FES) program at the Carolina Center for Public Service.
Dr. Kneipp is recognized as a leader in Community Participatory Research. Her innovative studies have given new focus and definition to the role of the Public Health Nurse