Annual Institute 2012
2012 ACHNE Annual Institute
Public Health Nursing: Promoting Healthy Physical, Social, and Global Environments
June 7-9, 2012 in Portland, Oregon
Doubletree Hotel Portland
|Exhibitors & Sponsors||Abstracts||Registration Form||Onsite Program||Presentations|
- Describe teaching and learning strategies that promote physical, social and global health in clinical, classroom, and online courses.
- Describe innovative teaching strategies to prepare students for culturally congruent practice in local and global environments.
- Discuss undergraduate and graduate curricula innovations designed to prepare students to promote healthy practice environments.
- Examine the relationship between environmental health and C/PHN education, practice, and research.
- Examine nursing research on healthy environments for evidenced-based C/PHN education and practice.
Community Health Nursing Educators Lead the Way in Environmental Health
Patricia Graw Butterfield, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor
Washington State University, College of Nursing
Patricia Butterfield is the Dean of Nursing at Washington State University. She is a public health nurse with expertise in environmental health interventions, rural environmental health, and household level environmental contamination. She has a Master of Science degree from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and a PhD in Nursing from Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU).