2018 Annual Institute
ACHNE's 40th Annual Institute will be held June 7-9, 2018, at the Sheraton New Orleans, New Orleans. Theme for this 40th Anniversary Institute is, Celebrating the Past, Envisioning the Future.
For 40 years, throughout an evolution of health care, ACHNE has remained a steadfast and supportive association advancing public health nursing. Our initial leaders had great vision and their legacy continues to influence health care to this day. At this year's Annual Institute, we will celebrate these 40 years of remarkable successes. Past Presidents will share their journeys and new emerging leaders will launch their innovative ideas. The amazing roles that community health nurses hold as educators, leaders, practitioners, researchers, policy makers, authors, innovators, and many more will be showcased. As we build on our accomplishments we also build on collaborations shared across sectors. We will come together to collectively envision the future. Plan to be inspired to lead the way in a new changing landscape of health care, and to take away endless possibilities to influence future generations.
To provide a forum for celebrating the success and value of 40 years of ACHNE and to create a vision for the future of the association as well as the impact of community / public health nursing, education, practice, and research.
Public health nurses, public health and community health nursing educators, public health leaders, and students and partners interested in public health, health equity, populations health, and other public health issues.
- Identify innovative roles and achievements of community / public health / population health /global health nurses
- Envision the future roles of community / public health nurses in education, practice, and research
- Strategize ways that ACHNE’s core values* can guide the future of community/public health nursing
- Collaborative partnerships
- Evidence based practice
- Excellence in education
- Leadership development
- Professional development
- Research and scholarship
- Integrate mentoring, coalition building, and collaboration with national associations to build the future of the profession
- Summarize the contributions of ACHNE over the past 40 years in advancing community/public health nursing education, research, and practice.
This activity has been submitted to the Alabama State Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Alabama State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Exciting 40th Anniversary Highlights
- Pre-conference workshops on Thursday:
- In the Board Room: Practical Strategies for Serving on Boards, sponsored by the Research Committee
- Tour of New Orleans and Its Resilient Communities, sponsored by the Program Committee
- Opening Keynote Speaker: Susan B. Hasmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Advisor for Nursing at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Director of the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action.
- Gala dinner on Thursday evening to include Forum with Past ACHNE Presidents
- Plenary Session on Simulation, sponsored by the Education Commitee
- Closing Keynote Speaker: Carolyn Williams, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Dean Emeritus, College of Nursing at the University of Kentucky and Past President of American Academy of Nursing.
ACHNE is now accepting applications for Exhibits and Sponsorships. Please click here to download the 2018 Exhibitor Prospectus.