ACHNE & APHN 2023 Joint Conference
The 2023 Joint Conference Abstract Compendium is Now Available!
Click here to download the 2023 ACHNE APHN Joint Conference Abstract Compendium. This document contains the Joint Conference Plenary, Symposium, Podium, ePoster, and Student ePoster abstracts.
NEW! ACHNE APHN Joint Conference Preconference Workshop and Bus Tour
A Deep Dive into Challenges at the United States (U.S.)-Mexico Border Region: Experiences of the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency Border Health Program
Monday, June 4, 2023 | 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Join us for a pre-conference workshop and site visit highlighting services of the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency Border Health Program and Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (ORIA), and San Diego Jewish Family Services (SDJFS).
Additional $100 Registration is required. Lunch, Presentation, Bus Tour, and Academic Debriefing Included. Click Here to Register.
NOTE: This is a separate registration from the ACHNE APHN Joint Conference. You will be asked to log in or create an account through APHN. APHN membership is not required to register. If you wish to attend the Joint Conference and have not yet registered, you will need to complete an additional conference registration.
The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency Border Health Program (SDCBHP) participates in a network that coordinates health and human services to new arrivals people living in the San Diego-Tijuana border region. The network has a long history of working with underserved populations, and it is committed to improving health equity through community engagement, field practice, and innovation. This workshop and bus tour is a great opportunity to learn about the SDCBHP's work, and to network with other community/public health nurses who are committed to improving health equity.
2023 ACHNE APHN Joint Conference
ACHNE and APHN have a long history of collaboration focusing on mutual topics of interest that strengthen each organization's mission. Simply put, we recognize we are Stronger Together. To that end, we are pleased to announce the objectives for the 2023 ACHNE APHN Joint Conference.
To provide a scholarly and supportive meeting ground for Community/Public/Population Health Nursing Leaders – both educators and practitioners – committed to excellence in community, population, and public health nursing; To Advance population health by bridging Community/Public/Population Nursing practice, education, research, policy, and leadership together.
- Identify and build upon emerging opportunities for academic-practice partnerships to transform PHN practice for the 21st century;
- Highlight new insights supporting innovation in PHN practice, education, scholarship, and policy to advance health equity;
- Identify and build interprofessional scholarship interests between PHN educators and practitioners;
- Explore emerging trends in PHN preparedness for and response to public health emergencies and disasters;
- Describe collaborative approaches supporting PHN transition from training to practice;
- Explore strategies to support the recruitment, retention, and resilience of a diverse PHN workforce;
- Explore approaches to increase capacity of the PHN workforce to assure foundational public health services and capabilities;
- Explore methods to demonstrate the value of PHNs (e.g. establish nurse sensitive indicators for community/public/population health nursing);
- Identify experiential and educational preparation for faculty teaching clinical and didactic components of the AACN competencies focused on community/public/population health nursing at the basic and advanced levels.
Guidelines for Learning Outcomes
Presenter Conflict of Interest Form