ACHNE's 41st Annual Institute was held May 30 June 1, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency, Phoenix, AZ. The theme for the 41st Annual Institute is Culture of Health: Equity Thrives on Diversity.
To provide a scholarly institute whereby community health nursing educators will collaborate and present their accomplishments; share strategies towards building a culture of health; promote health equity; and aim for community wellbeing as a vision for Healthy People 2030.
Public health nurses, public health and community health nursing educators, public health leaders, and students and partners interested in public health, health equity, populations health, and other public health issues.
- Identify ways to move Healthy People 2030 goals and objectives forward, including community wellbeing.
- Describe strategies to operationalize the culture of health.
- Explore programs or services where multiple sectors are collaborating to improve population health.
- Examine innovative educational models or programs in underserved communities that promote health equity.
- Demonstrate the influence of diversity as a driver for health equity.
This activity has been submitted to the Alabama State Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Alabama State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).